[palladio-dev] Palladio Simulation Environment

Federico Ghirardini gf33 at hotmail.it
Fri Apr 6 11:03:58 CEST 2018

 Good morning,

I am writing to you as I am a Bachelor students at Unibz currently working on a simulation project for my thesis. As I am experiencing some errors and problem with the simulation tool for the Palladio environment, I got suggestion to get in contact with you. Currently I am running simulation on the Mediastore example. The problem here is that running the simulation with SimuBench does not produce any particular error, but at the same time does not provide us detailed diagrams for results like the one in the “Modeling and Simulating Software Architectures" book (e.g. the ones with black and gray bars, etc.). For that reason after reading the chapter 8 of the Palladio book I tried running the simulation with SimuLizar, since the system we wish to test is self-adaptive. I follow the guide to installation at this page: https://sdqweb.ipd.kit.edu/wiki/SimuLizar. It proceed until point 6 at which I got an “NULL POINTER EXCEPTION”. After experiencing the error I write a mail to Palladio-Dev group and I got a response saying that I have found some outdated documentation and that I should use the following link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PalladioSimulator/Palladio-Analyzer-SimuLizar/master/org.palladiosimulator.simulizar.buckminster/simulizar.cquery

However, after trying with the new URL at step 6 but I encounter “Rejecting provider” errors and “Component request” error (I attached a screenshot of the Eclipse console to the email).

My final objective is running the Mediastore example (which I have downloaded from the MIT sites) and obtain Graphical results like the one in the book to deeply understand the Simulation Environment in order to use it with a different system architecture. So if you think I need a Simulation tool different from SimuLizar, or if you have any suggestion for pursuing that goal, I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing from you and I thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.

Best regards,

        Federico Ghirardini
unibz - Faculty of Computer Science

[image1.jpeg]